Friday, February 3, 2012

A New Focus

Owen decided YESTERDAY that he wanted to paint his room a new color.  We talked about it and I told him that before we could do that, we'd have to clean out his room and remove everything from the walls.

So while I was busy cooking dinner (no, seriously...I was cooking dinner), he and his friend Marcus went to play in his room.

I didn't think anything about it.

What I didn't know is that he was preparing his room to be painted.

By taking EVERYTHING off of the walls and removing it from his room.


And dumping it ALL into the middle of the upstairs hallway.

Meh.

I swear I have no idea where he gets his drive and focus.  Once he decides something, it is so gonna happen.  You can either help him or get the hell out of his way.

I made him put it all back into his room (not on the walls tho because I just wanted to go to bed).  He was up this morning looking at the Benjamin Moore site to pick out the color.

What color, you ask?  Bright fluorescent orange or lime green.  He could go either way.

OMG.  Cleaning out his room and putting it all back together wasn't really on my list this weekend.

Meh.

Ugh.

Payback.  Sweet payback.

No comments: