Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Uglier Side of Kids Sports

In my blogging absence, I totally missed Owen's flag football season.  It's too bad too because I got some great shots.  When I photograph an event, I take tons of pictures.  Of the surroundings.  If it's a sporting event, I try to capture the entire event...not just my child playing.

Because you just never know what you're going to get.

But when I saw this scene go down, I picked up my camera because I was so blown away by the entire scene.  It broke my heart.  This child make a mistake and the coach totally yelled at him.


Look at the child's sad little face.  It totally breaks my heart.



The coach/ass was completely oblivious to me snapping his picture.  I'm quite certain that he would have been embarrassed by his behavior towards this child. 

And he should have.

Totally and completely.

This is the uglier side of kids sports.  And one that I would not want my child involved in.  Ever.

No comments: