Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Close the Door!

Summer's here.

I'm sure that you heard the collective signs of moms all across the country knowing that they were going to have to keep little Johnny and Susie entertained or, more than likely, apart all summer.

/insert groan.

But there was something else much more sinister fixing to happen all over the country due to the release of these school children. It was something that I hadn't anticipated at all yet once it happened, I chastised myself wondering how I could have forgotten this most lovely part of summer vacation.

Flies.

Yep. Stupid, nasty, pesky flies.

And do you know why I have flies?

Because my awesome children have no idea how to shut a damn door. That's why.

And now we've become a refuge for every homeless fly in Virginia.

My kitchen towel has been getting a workout since June 18th that's for sure.

So now, instead of the groans you heard on the last day of school, you'll hear a chorus of "close the door...we don't live in a barn...stop bouncing the ball in the house...I'm not paying to air condition the outside....with a consistent pop-yaw sound from the snap of the rolled up kitchen towel.

And the only thing that your adorable children will hear is "blah, blah, blah."

2 comments:

Rhonda Sisk said...

Amen. I feel like just recording it and having it automatically play from a motion censor attached to my door.

ginny said...

You forgot the refrigerator!! The kids open it at least 100 times a day and stand in front of the open door looking for something to eat! Like the contents have changed since they did that 5 minutes ago!