Sunday, July 11, 2010

Even More Helpful Hints From Molly Homemaker

Sometimes in life I discover things that help me out even just a little bit and make life just a little bit easier. A while ago, I blogged about how to save hard cookies and sugar using bread. It helped my friend save her rock hard brown sugar.

She used half of a loaf of bread to do it but she learned something useful that will help her in the future. She also performed a science experiment while trying to save her brown sugar which, unfortunate for her, will also help her in the future. She just doesn't realize it yet and I didn't warn her about that part of the learning. She has babies so I figured why not just let her live a little longer without the knowledge of the science experiments that she...err..her kids will be doing in school. Sorry, Jo. ;)

Anyway, so I was recently reminded of this current oh-so-helpful hint that saved an expensive linen dress. I spilled some red wine on it at a wedding (shocking that I spilled something, I know) and I asked for some club soda to try and get the red wine off of the dress.

The waitress came back with a shot of Vodka (I suppose if I couldn't get the stain out, I could drink away my saddness) but it wasn't for me to drink. Which is good because I like Bourbon.

She said that the Vodka would get the wine stain out.

And it did! Immediately.

So I was at a function the other day and someone spilled red wine on her shirt. She was trying to use club soda and I grabbed the vodka bottle and proceeded to go to work at removing the stain for her.

Then she hugged me and told her husband that he was a lucky man because he was actually the one who spilled it on her.

And the good thing about spilling red wine is that where there is red wine, there is usually vodka. And where there is both, there is usually spillages. So next time you get red wine on your clothes, grab for the vodka and remove that stain.

It really works.

1 comment:

Rhonda Sisk said...

excellent advice thank you.