Friday, June 3, 2011

What Are Big Brothers For?

What are big brothers for?

I've come to learn that it's mostly to punk their little brothers into doing stuff that the big brother knows is just wrong.

So.  Very.  Wrong.

I can only imagine what the conversation was when Shane convinced Owen to let Shane spray paint his hand gold.


Spray.  Painted.  His.  Brother's.  Hand.


Yeah.  Owen's fingernails are still gold.

Because.  It.  Was.  Spray.  Painted.

But Shane's good.  Because not only did he convince Owen to let him spray paint his hand, he also convinced a friend to allow him to spray paint his hand as well.

With.  Freaking.  Permanent.  Spray.  Paint.

And by the time I discovered it, the paint was dry (of course) and I really had to scrub his friend's hand to get the paint off of it.

Now, I should also state here that I was kinda appalled at the fact that this child's mother never called me to see if it was okay for the child to come home on the bus with Shane when Shane spoke to the child on the phone.  I suppose she just took her son's word for it that it was okay with Shane's parents...and Shane's parents weren't some kind of freaks that she was sending her son home with.

I mean we are, but still.  I would never have just sent Shane to someone's house without speaking to the parents.

So, feeling all smug about myself being such an awesome parent, I had to swallow my pride and tell the mom that Ken wasn't supervising them and my son spray painted her son's hand but I got most of it off with fingernail polish remover.  But it wasn't totally off.

And, oh, his clothes were painted on too.

So yeah.  I guess I"m not that much better than her.  That right there is called karma folks. 

And did you catch there that I blamed it all on Ken?

Teehee.

No comments: