Saturday, October 13, 2012

Done For The Day

Shane spent the night with a friend last night.

And as any good mom in the 21st century would do, I texted him and asked him if he could be ready to go by 8:30.

He said yes and he had had an amazing breakfast.  (This was at 8:00).

As I sat there eating my Lucky Charms, I was kinda jealous.

I responded that that was awesome because it meant that I was done for the day and I didn't have to feed him again today.

He replied that they had egg, a banana nut muffin, bacon and a homemade smoothie.

I asked if I could move to her house.

He said that he asked her that.

Know what I hate?  When an overachieving "good" mom pulls this kind of thing.  Now my kids know that there are moms out there who actually cook breakfast.  On a Saturday morning.  Before 8:00 am.

Know what I hate more?  That I was eating Lucky Charms and he was eating like a boss.  LOL

Lucky boy.

No comments: