Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Striking It Off The List

As most of my friends who know me know that I am a list maker and a checker-offer of the old to-do list. 

Nothing gives  me more satisfaction than taking a pen and striking through a task.

Or adding something that wasn't originally on the list ONTO the list and then striking it off...just because I want credit.  And the satisfaction of striking it off.

But as most of us do, some things on the list just never get done. 

Or it drops to the bottom of the list, and continues revolving back through the order on the list until it actually gets done.

But sometimes I just drop it off the list completely accepting the fact that it's never going to get done.

And let me tell you that the apple don't fall far from the proverbial tree.  My mother is the same way.

So when she came in and handed me a gift a few weeks ago when she was in town visiting, I coulddn't believe my eyes.

It was a quilt that she started for me about 20 years ago.

No.  That's not a typo.


Details.


My favorite square.


I was quite surprised.  And impressed.  And happy.

It's a beautiful quilt and a beautiful sentiment that she finished it for me.  One that I will cherish for sure.

All that being said, it doesn't mean that I didn't razz her about it taking 20 years to get it off of her to do list.  LOL!

That was a HUGE strike through off her list!  Woot!  Woot!

No comments: