Sunday, June 30, 2013

Just A Reminder

Every spring and fall, I clean out the kids closets. 

(Okay.  It's usually summer and winter by the time I *actually* get around to it.  But I still get it done!)

I move the clothes that are too small for Shane over to Owen and the clothes that are too small for Owen go to Good Will.

I usually feel thrilled and accomplished to get this chore done. 

Usually.

But this spring, I felt a little sad.

A little weird.

And a little nostalgic.

Because no one in my family can use the little kids hangers anymore. 

The little hangers that held all of my boys cute little overalls and cute little outfits.  Now they can't be used because the boys clothes are too big and they just fall off of the hangers.  :( 

They're just another reminder that my children are growing up fast.


As you can see, these groups of hangers are sitting underneath the Thomas the Train comforter set that the boys are now too grown up for.  I just can not part with them either.  We may have a house full of people at some point and need extra blankets.  Right?


I did give the hangers to Good Will.  I figure someone somewhere can use them. 

I can't hang on to everything. 

Including their childhood.  They are growing way too fast.

Which makes me both sad and happy.  Every stage has it's good points.  Or at least, hopefully I'll remember it that way.

Just like when I look at the hangers and think of their sweet baby clothes, I forget about the sleep deprivation of babies.

2 comments:

ginny said...

My babies are going to be 43 this year! How the heck did that happen??

Kim Eckhardt said...

We got lucky. ;)