Friday, June 14, 2013

Moving on to Middle School

Whose now in middle school?

This guy.
 
Before he moved on tho, they had to have an awards ceremony and a party to commemorate it.  I mean, they have to do *something* to fill the last few days of school with, so it may as well be a send off for the fifth graders.  :)
 
He got the president's physical fitness award. 
 
 
And the award for Most Musical.  Really?  He's not in Super Singers or in Instrument Ensemble.  I guess they gave it to him because of his awesome rap during the 5th grade History Review.  Either that, or they had left over awards and left over kids and they just randomly handed them out.  That's what he said he thought happened anyway.  lol

 
Owen's teacher this year was Mr. Kitt.  He was a disciplinarian, which is definitely the structure that Owen needed.

 
Everyone needs a BFF.  Connor, Ky and Owen...the 3 Muskateers.  They had their ups and downs, with some drama, but where one was, you could usually find the others.
 

Everyone loved Ky's little baby sister Evie.  I mean, who couldn't?  She's adorable.  :)

 
Cooperating taking pictures with mom and dad.  :)
 


Onto the party, which is what the kids *really* wanted.
 
 
 
Flexing his "muscles."
 
 
The Vice Principal Mr. Roman took one for the team and got into the dunk tank.  This is his last year at FFES.  He took a position as a principal at another elementary school in the county.  He will be missed.



 
Owen's always up for some self portraits.  :)
 

Aside from a little rain, the day was great.  I'm a little sad that this was the end of an era of elementary school.  I fully realize that I will no longer be welcomed into the lunch room and I won't know the teachers.  (That didn't stop me with Shane.  Once.  lol) 

But I'm also looking forward to seeing where life takes my little Owen.  And hey.  If nothing else, I'll no longer be legally responsible for anyone else other than myself in less than 8 years.  Woot.  :)

No comments: