Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Have A Middle Schooler

I have a middle schooler.

Okay.  I've *had* a middle schooler.

Just now, I have a new middle schooler and I don't have a elementary schooler.

Which was news to Ken.  Or he just forgot. 

     Ken:  When did they change the open house to Thursday?
 
     Me:  They didn't.
 
     Ken:  Yes they did.  It was on the sign outside the school.
 
     Me:  Are you talking about the elementary school?  That *is* on Thursday.

     Ken:  Oops.
 
     Me:  Um.  Neveemind.  I will take Owen to open house.
 
     Ken:  SCORE.
 
     Me:  LOL

So off we go to middle school open house.  Me, Owen and his friend Ky.  Yes.  He took his BFF with him even though he is going to a different school.


The most traumatic event of the day was trying to open up his locker.  His first combination?  00-0-00.  Yeah.  That one didn't work.  Neither did the next two lockers that he tried.  The fourth was finally a charm.

Talk about traumatizing a kid who is already nervous about starting middle school.  LOL!


Of course, he forgot his schedule and I forgot a pen so I had to wing it.  Thank goodness I had taken a picture of his schedule with my cell phone.  Yeah.  We totally rock like that.  lol

 
So gone are the days of FFES.  Hello teenage drama. 
 
Yay?

No comments: