Saturday, September 14, 2013

A House Full

I now understand how my friends mom felt when we were in high school.  You see, my friend had an older brother and a younger sister whose friends were always at her house.  There was always a ton of kids at her house.  I think that she must have cooked a Thanksgiving meal every day it seemed because she was always feeding us.

Because there were a lot of us.  And a ton of teenage boys to feed.

I have five high schoolers here right now and five middle schoolers.  The middle schoolers are here to celebrate Owens 11th birthday and two of the high schoolers are here hanging out with Shane watching movies.  The other two high schoolers are neighborhood kids who just showed up.

And I heard them say "so and so" are on their way.

I knew I was going to have a ton of boys to feed so I planned to make piggies in a blanket.  I bought enough creasant rolls to feed all these boys.  I felt pretty good about myself.

Until I just realized that I forgot to take out the hotdogs from the freezer.  Doh.

So, I ordered pizza.  Oops.

The boys are playing football in the yard.  Hopefully running all of their energy out.  And probably getting stinky in the process.  Peeyew.

But I wouldn't change it for the world.  We have a house full of teenagers.  I'm glad the kids like to hang out here.  Love it actually!

No comments: