Sunday, September 22, 2013

From My Play Book

As a teenager, I was famous for washing my clothes and then leaving them in the dryer.  I would either use the dryer as a second closet and just pick through it to get the shirt or pants that I wanted to wear or my dad would fold my clothes for me in the hopes of thwarting a war between my mother and I.

And by "war", I meant my mother yelling at me to fold my damn clothes.

All justified.

And as all other paybacks have been coming to fruition, - (thanks mom!) - I went to move my laundry from the washer to the dryer today and low and behold, Shane had pulled a play from my playbook.

After getting over the initial shock and AWE (like the skies parted and the sunshine shone BRIGHTLY with a big smiley on it's face) that he actually did his laundry, I started laughing because he pulled a fast one on me.  And I knew it.

As I had 10 loads of laundry to do behind him, I folded his stuff and made a mental note to myself that he pulled a good one but it was going to be the last time he did that.

Yeah.  Right. 

Game on boy.  I *know* THAT move.

I DID that move.

I got away with it some times.

As you will too.

But I've got my battle face on baby.

Damn teenagers.  LOL!

2 comments:

ginny said...

But he won't have his daddy fold them for him to keep mom from yelling!! Paybacks are hell!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Yes they are. :/