Monday, February 9, 2009

Computer Woes



Somewhere, somehow, I must have really made someone mad (well, duh!) and they put a curse on my computers, which is the reason for the sporadic posting on my blog. Our main computer crashed about two months ago and the external hard drive with all of my pictures was destroyed. With no backup. Because our backup wasn't working properly. I'm sure that you can imagine how distraught I was about that.

Then we got a new computer but the transfer didn't take completely and the documents that I actually use were the ones that didn't get transferred. Of course.

So I've been going back and forth between the two computers to try and piece meal together work. Because, of course, the computer with my documents that I actually use on it isn't connected to the printer or scanner now.

And the new computer has internet connectivity only sporadically but it has printing capabilities. Which is good for documents that need to be printed. But bad when I need to do work online (which I frequently do) to print out the receipts as proof that the work was done.

And my scanning won't work correctly because the updated Acrobat that was put on the new machine saves the document immediately and won't allow you to edit it before saving it. (IE - cutting out excess around pictures and the such.) Nor will it allow me to save pictures as jpeg files. Well, maybe it will. I just haven't been able to figure it out yet.

But we have a laptop. Which is good. Well, it's good when the mouse works (which it's not right now) and the internet works (which somehow it is now but wasn't yesterday) but it's never connected to the printer because I can't get it to connect up to the network to print.

And, of course, the pictures that I've taken in the last two months are on this computer but since I have no mouse (even on the computer), I can't post them.

Ugh. Frustrating. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to forget which computer has which documents on it and which computer has which capabilities.

And the most frustrating thing is, it all seems to work right when Ken's here.

Who said that computers were suppose to make things easier? Well, they lied!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Josie Thames said...

I have a confession to make--I didn't read your post. I couldn't get past that glorious, wonderful, terrific photo of you at the top. Can I please have your permission to print it and put it on a stick so that I can hold it up whenever I don't feel like listening to whatever is being said?

Awesomeness.

Kim Eckhardt said...

You may definitely use it if you want. But, you can make your very own "ugh" picture. It's a self portrait. But, you have to be in the right mood or it just won't be the same. lol

Anonymous said...

should have bought a MAC.....Apple iphoto is cool.

Queen of her Castle said...

Yes, that photo is quite attractive. LOL! Typical you I should say. Sorry for the computer woes. Been there, done that. Well not losing my data but the whole aggravating computer crap. You should have a Maxtor One Touch for backup. Love mine! Oh and I did contemplate a Mac but seriously didn't want to buy all new software so I eded up with a Dell again.