Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tennis Anyone?

Shane's been taking tennis lessons since school started. He asked me if I thought that he and his friend Josie could play mixed doubles against Roger Federer and Serena Williams. He thinks that they have a chance at winning. LOL.

I thought that the grandparents would like to see his lessons. I also thought that his Aunt Liz would like to see it since she's a tennis player. I know that he'd love to play with her.

Enjoy!

volleys!



forehand!



forehand/backhand!

5 comments:

ginny said...

thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

He looks good! How about mixed doubles with Sheldon and Uncle Wilson! Funny story....My Grandfather went to play tennis with his friend but the court was taken by two girls. The boys schemed that if they offered to play mixed doubles with the girls they could play one game then the girls would leave and they could have the court. Of course that is where my grandparents met. They would go on to get married and what happened to the other two? They got married as well and were life long friends with my grandparents. One tennis game=two marriages and lots of children etc. cool huh.

Anonymous said...

Looking good Shane. Keep up the good work

Kim Eckhardt said...

That's an awesome story, Wil. Several of my friends have sent me emails that they thought it was sweet. :) Is Sheldon taking tennis? If not, maybe you should start her. First, she's tall. Net person anyone? Second, she's shy and like Shane, it's harder for her to participate in group activities like soccer. Shane isn't intimated by tennis the way he is with the group sports. Bring your racket in March. I'm sure that Shane would love to play with you. :)

Anonymous said...

What a good player Shane! You are really improving.

Love Grandma