Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mom, Why Does Nanny Look So Weird?

A few weeks ago, Shane walked by my curio cabinet and saw a picture of whom he thought was my mom. He asked me why Nanny looked so weird.

I asked him what in the world was he talking about and he pointed at this picture.


I laughed when I saw the picture that he was pointing to because it wasn't Nanny -- it was her mom Doris. I told Shane that it was his great grandmother and she looked weird because the picture was taken many years ago when the clothing and hair styles were different.

I started laughing because my mom and I have talked about many times that she looks more and more like Doris as she gets older.

But, I'm sure that she wouldn't mind being compared to the younger Doris because she was quite pretty when she was younger).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom and grandmom..two pretty ladies. But, I bet your grandmom wasn't affectionately called "big Red"..! B

Anonymous said...

Doris was very pretty.
Hope your Mom is enjoying her cruise!

Joan

Anonymous said...

Yep. The same eyes. That's an awesome picture!!!

Queen of her Castle said...

Yes I do think she resembles her mother. But that would be a compliment as Doris was a very pretty lady.

Becky