Friday, November 19, 2010

Boys. Sometimes That's All You Can Say

Boys.  Sometimes that's really all you can say.

A friend of mine was lamenting the fact that her 7-year-old daughter requested that she was a certain pair of jeans for school.  Last night at 9, of course. But along with this request came a clarification that her mother actually WASH the jeans and not try and punk her by putting them in the dryer and fluffing them with a dryer sheet.

That's my kind of friend!

But I told my friend that she should count her blessings that her daughter even cares that her clothes are actually clean.  My boys would wear dirty clothes WITH stains, wrinkles and stink and NOT notice or even care that they were wearing dirty clothes.

And you know they wouldn't changed their undies for days if they can get away with it.

Owen took a shower the other night and the next morning, I was giving him his clothes for school. I looked at the undies that he was wearing and they were the same dirty ones from the previous night. The ones that he had on before his shower. I asked him about it and he fessed up.  He put back on his dirty undies AFTER he took a shower.

Boys.  Sometimes that's all you can say. 

No comments: