Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"The" Phone Call

If you have a child in school, I know that you can totally relate to this post.  It's because all of our children are brain dead and they would forget their heads if it weren't attached.

And who is there to bring them their heads?  Mom, of course.

And the morning always starts out the same way.

Me:  Shane, did you get your stuff together last night like I told you?  (Knowing he didn't because I see his stuff scattered all over the place.)

Shane: Uhhh...no.  I'll do it in a minute.

Me:  Shane, it's 7:00.  You still have to get dressed, get breakfast and get your stuff together.  (I have basically given up on him doing the extra things that I asked him to do at this point.)

Shane:  STOP YELLING AT ME.

Me:  :-|

Me:  It's 7:25 Shane.  You haven't eaten nor gotten your stuff together.  You have 15 minutes before the bus comes.

Shane:  Rolls his stupid eyes at me.  :rollseyes:

Shane:  Finally starts getting his stuff together and it's one minute until the bus comes.

Me:  Groan.

Owen:  You know you're going to get "the call" mom.

Me:  I know.  :/

8:40 the phone rings....

Shane:  Uhhh...yeah...um...mom...I forgot my (fill in the blank), can you please bring it to me?

Me:  Shocking.  What time do you need it?

Shane:  at 9:00.

Me:  :-|

Owen:  Shane sucks.  :p

So today comes and I'm pretty sure I'm living in Ground Hogs Day.  Except today I see his instrument (usually the offending item left) and decide to run it over to the school after I dropped off Owen at school. 

I walk into the office and Shane is there on the phone at the counter.

And the secretaries see me but he doesn't.

And I walked up to him and said "uhhh...yeah...Shane...you forgot your instrument."

:D

And before I gave it to him, I made him kiss both of my cheeks and I told him that the next time I was going to come to lunch with him.

The office personnel were cracking up because they have been pulled into my revenge with him numerous times and have given him the stink eye when I'm not able to give it to him myself.

But making him kiss me on the cheek in front of EVERYONE was much more effective than giving him the stink eye.  :up: 

Because obviously the stink eye isn't working.  :-|