Thursday, October 20, 2011

Two Peas In A Pod

The other day I posted about having one just like me. And I truly, truly do.

Owen has the temper and the stubbornness that is rival only to mine and once he's made up his mind about something, it will basically take an act of congress to change it or to get him to admit that he was wrong.

Like I said, it's like arguing and dealing with myself.

So when he was at tennis today and the instructor got into him about getting a drink of water and not picking up balls, I saw the look in his eye and I knew what that meant.

That look meant that he did not appreciate her digging into him with a nasty tone (and it truly was uncalled for) and he was done with her and the class.

I can't say I blame him honestly. Because he was picking up balls. He just grabbed his water for a drink after he put the balls he had collected in the bucket.

I was talking to my friends whose daughter was also in the class and I looked at them and said "he's never going to want to come back because now he's totally pissed off and now it was on with him".

The class ended and he walked over to me and asked sarcastically whether he could have a drink of water and rolled his eyes.

My friend said he was probably going to complain as soon as he got outside.

I responded that I hoped he waited until he was outside.

Just as I told my friend would happen, as soon as he cleared through the first door, he said that he was never going back to that class and she was ridiculous and out of control.

Then I proceeded to talk him down off the ledge.

Because I knew that's what I would have to do.

Because he's a mini me and I know how I would have reacted to her talking to me that way.

Exactly like Owen did.

And now I'm probably never going to get him back in that class (and honestly not sure I want to) because he can hold a grudge like no one else.

Except me. Because we're two peas in a pod.

No comments: