Monday, October 3, 2011

Like Mother Like Son

While I was in Lancaster, PA this weekend playing tennis. Ken was running the kids to all of their activities.  Owen had a tennis lesson outdoors on Sunday morning.

Ken said that it was cold and a little rainy and that by the end of the lesson, Owen was in short sleeves and shorts but the other kids were still all bundled it.

It was 48 degrees and was overcast and rain kept drizzling off and on at our noon match.  My jacket came off within 10 minutes of warming up. 

My sweat pants were next followed closely by the long sleeve shirt that I layered over my tennis shirt.

I was then down to my tennis skirt and short sleeve shirt and that's how I finished the match.

Most of my friends were all bundled up including gloves and hats.   Gah.  I have no idea how they played tennis like that.

I know other parents look at me like I'm a bad mom when Owen is playing tennis or football with shorts and a t-shirt on.  But I so get it. 

Like mother, like son.  We hate to be hot and layered in heavy clothes.

No comments: