Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He Asked For It

A few days ago, actually, a week ago, I blogged about the fact that Shane is not putting in a lot of effort in his classwork.

So, as a followup to the few readers who care about this, and wondered why I've been MIA the last few days, apparently our conversations with him meant absolutely nothing.

Last Monday, I emailed with his math teacher (this is separate from the blogged about incident in case you're not following this all) and asked if he had been turning in his assignments as one of the main problems that he seems to have is turning in his homework (whether he's done it or not.)  She said no.

I blew a gasket.  Ken blew a gasket.

We took away his TV, his video games and his computer.

I made him write his teacher an apology note and made him do the rest of his work that he didn't turn in.  And told him to turn all of it in.

She emailed me on Thursday that he hadn't turned it in.

We blew another gasket.

He got home from school on Friday and told me that he hadn't turned in any of it nor did he turn in the homework that was due on Friday.

So into his room he went for the entire weekend.  He was told that he had to clean up his room and write a paper on responsibility, disappointment, organization and had to write a plan on how he was going to get his act together and his work turned in.

You'd think that would be enough to motivate him.

But no.  He didn't turn it in on Monday either.

So, he lost trick or treating on Halloween night.

That's right.  Because I'm a MEAN mom.

And I'm tired of his laziness, lack of effort and general bad attitude.

Oh.  And I will be going into the school to have lunch with him later this week.

I am completely done with this.  I told him that if he wanted my attention, he had it because the full wrath of me was coming down on him now.  I shouldn't have to spend my time treating him like a second grader, but I will.  But now I'm pissed that I have to do that.

But thank God that Owen is being good right now.  I guess that's how it goes.  A six month cycle of one being bad and the other taking full-on advantage of that and shining like the super star that they are.

Don't worry.  I'm not fooling myself.  I know Owen's time is up in about 5 months when this "bad Shane" period is over.

But for right now, ALL of my attention is being focused on Shane.

Because he asked for it.  I just don't think that he realized what he was asking for.

No comments: