Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The More Effective Method

Sometimes you talk and you talk and you talk to your kids to try and get them to straighten up.

Other times, you just have to spank your kids. 

Even using a wooden spoon.  ;)

While I'm not opposed to that method, I figured a better way to get Shane to straighten up would be to come and pay him a little visit at school.


Cause sometimes it's more effective to embarrass your kids in front of their friends than to beat them.  Or your own head against the wall with a preteen adolescent kid who is just not listening.

So, Shane, I expect that you will straighten up and fly right from now on.  And I truly meant it when I told you that if you don't, I will be having lunch with you every single day and I will be coming in and sitting with you in class.  Every single day.

Please don't make me have to go down that path.

You know I will.  But my preference is that you take control of yourself and your school work do what your dad and I know you are capable of doing.

Cause your dad and I love you and believe in you and know that you are capable of doing better than you have been. 

Now prove it.

So I don't have to. 

No comments: