Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Butterflies, Unicorns and Rainbows Baby!

I love children's artwork.

I really, really do.

I have framed a lot of Shane and Owen's artwork and that's the art that hangs in my house. 

Owen's latest framed work is no exception.  It makes me smile.  Like a lot.

Just like *my* BFF, Owen sees in rainbows, unicorns and butterflies and he built his picture around that theme.


But unlike my friend, who truly does see in rainbows, unicorns and butterfies, Owen's take on them is a "little" different.  Here, his unicorn is pooping butterflies onto a person.  The person, surprisingly, doesn't look very happy about it.  I didn't ask him who the person is.  I didn't *really* want to know the answer.  LOL!


He made the unicorn's horn all rainbows.  But you know, he doesn't really see in rainbows.  This *is* Owen afterall so it's his version of rainbows.  It's destroying a building.


Come to think of it, maybe I should be a little concerned about Owen. 

But I still love children's artwork.  It's so....so...creative.  Yeah.  That's the word I'm looking for!

I guess that proves that two people can look at the same exact thing in a VERY different way. And that's okay. Neither are right. And neither are wrong. It is what it is.

But I do think that my friend's version of seeing in rainbows, unicorns and butterflies is WAY different than Owen's!  LOL! 

No comments: