Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Was there anything better than as a kid growing up in the 1970's than rewarding your long hard school week with Saturday morning cartoons?

Unlike our kids today who have access to more cartoons and choices than we ever did through both TV and the internet, we only had three channels. Saturday morning cartoons were special because that was the only time that you got to see cartoons.

And there was no laying on the couch clicking away trying to find something to watch (while complaining that there was NOTHING to watch!) If we wanted to watch something different, we really had to hate what we were watching enough to get off of our lazy butts and change the channels. We WERE the TV remote!

Most of the time, fights over what my sister and I were going to watch were settled by who was the least lazy of the two of us and would get up and change the channel.

And was there anything better than Fat Albert? Seriously? I loved that show!



Happy Saturday morning!

4 comments:

susan said...

I loved that show! Sheldon just told me "That is just weird!" What is wrong with her?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Kids these days...

/get off my lawn!!!

KenDC said...

Russel, your like school during summer vacation.

School during summer vacation?

Yeah, no class!


Yeah, I watched an eposide or two.

Kim Eckhardt said...

lol. That's good stuff!