Monday, October 19, 2009

Just Being Prepared, Mom!

The boys have a book fair at school this week and Shane's class goes today to it. If you haven't been to a book fair, it's basically a temporary bookstore where the kids can purchase books and other miscellaneous things that I tell them not to buy (erasers, pencils, posters, etc.)

Shane has been saving his money (shocker, I know!) and I told him that if he wanted to buy books, he had to use his money...not mine.

So, I sent him upstairs this morning to get his money. He comes back down with it tucked into an envelope and had used a stamp to seal it. (I should charge him for that stamp!)

I asked him how much money he was taking.

He replied $135.00. :eek:

When I asked him why, he said that he wanted to "be prepared." :p

I then told him that he was not going to take $135 to school and made him take out all but $20.

At the last bookfair, one little girl brought $200 in her purse to buy books and the parents who were working it freaked out. I remember one mom making the comment that she didn't understand how a parent didn't know that the child had $200 in her purse.

Well, now I know how. The parent was busy getting the kids ready for school and told the child to get some money for the bookfair.

And the child brought enough money so that she was prepared "just in case" she needed 200 erasers. ;)

3 comments:

Becky J said...

Y'all make me laugh!

Unknown said...

Just to let you know - I bought him a book at the bookfair last Friday night! Owen didn't want one so I owe him something else!

Kim Eckhardt said...

According to one of the mom's at the fair, he took $30 into the fair instead of the $20 that I let him take. Oh well....it's his money not mine. And, Owen will hold you to it! But...I think that he has enough things. He's been cleaning his room so that he can get a new football. Amazing how fast he picked it up when I said that he could have a new football if he picked up his room. :p