Monday, December 21, 2009

What Are They Thinking?

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the kids really think or feel about the world around them. I think that I know but it's always good to get some confirmation about what they like and don't like.

And it's always good to occasionally go into their room and snoop around...err...I mean straighten stuff up. Sometimes I find plates that have petrified stuff on them but sometimes I'll find little gems. Something that really gives me a view into them as the individual person that they are growing up to be.

Shane is a "preteen" as he repeatedly tells me. Particularly when he's moody. Then it becomes "I'm just hormonal mom. I'm a preteen, you know. You wouldn't understand." Seriously. This is not made up. It is a conversation that I've had with him more than once.

It's usually at night when he's in his stall tactic #5 but that's beside the point.

Cleaning up his room the other day, I found this little gem. Apparently, he was in one of his dark and moody periods and decided to write down what he loves and what breaks his heart. At least I think that's what he meant. You decide.



I'm glad that he loves his family and I know that he loves playing cards. I'm also super glad to see that he loves himself. That's awesome that "myself" made the "love" list.

And I get the hates "brockily" (tee-hee on the spelling) but I don't get what unicorns ever did to him. I thought that he liked shcool (tee-hee) so that was a bit surprising.

All in all it's a great list but I wonder if it's done in random or specific order. Either way it shows that he's thinking for himself and he's really learning about the world around him. Aw. He is a preteen.

Sometimes I could do with less of the preteen moods but I'm all warm inside when I see sweet drawings like this. Shane rocks!

1 comment:

June said...

Awww, that's awesome. But how can he hate brockily and what DID unicorns ever do to him? LOL