Wednesday, December 30, 2009

When The Student Becomes The Master

As a parent, your ultimate goal is (or should be) to teach your children and have them excel at whatever it is that you're teaching them. And, of course, eventually beat you at it.

In our family, Ken is, shall I say, a little competitive and isn't going to let the boys win. If they win, they win fair and square.

Good job. Congratulations and all that good stuff. And, of course, I'm coming back for a rematch.

A while back, I blogged about Shane becoming the master and beating Ken in chess. The other day, Ken and I were sitting in the kitchen and Ken starts out a conversation reminding me of that day.

Then he took a big sigh.

And continues to tell me that Owen (our 7 year old) put a beat down on him in Madden 10. Something stupid like 65-0.

Then he continues to complain (yes...it turned to complaining) that Owen took the ball and ran it in for another touchdown on the last play of the game...even though he could have knelt down. He says that Owen was doing spin moves and all kinds of things that Ken had no idea how to do or to stop.

Owen comes walking in and giggled and acknowledged that he did that on purpose and knew he could have knelt down but that's not how he rolls and Ken would just need to bring his A game next time. lol

The student has apparently become the master. That's good stuff. :up:

6 comments:

ginny said...

Let the games begin!!! Pretty bad to get slammed that bad by a 7 year old!!! Go Owen!!!

KenDC said...

No, it was like 50-27. Come on! I am surprised how good he is though. I beat him last time but it was one by a couple points and I have to go full tilt.

Kim Eckhardt said...

I knew you would correct the score. ;)

Rhonda Sisk said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

This was a great story - thanks for blogging it. When Riley was here at Christmas, Jim was playing a game with her she got for Christmas - when he won for the first time, she started crying and saying, I don't want to lose. Well, join the club kid!
Owen is very good at those video games.

Kim Eckhardt said...

That's the difference between girls and boys I suppose. Owen and Shane would never cry. They just ask for a rematch. :p