Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How to Make Money...by Shane

I was in the kitchen yesterday afternoon and Shane came down and asked me if he could sell something on ebay. He completed the question with the fact that you could sell anything on ebay.

I asked him what he wanted to sell and his response was his extra bed from his room.

When I asked him why in the world he wanted to sell his bed for his first response was that he wanted more space in his room because it's too crowded.

Ken piped up and said that he could rememdy that by cleaning up his room. :rolleyes:

He said no (shocking!) and then made up some other lame excuse which Ken responded that it wasn't even his bed to sell anyway.

When we finally got out the real reason that he wanted to sell it, it is because he wants to buy a TV for his room. :rolleyes:

WTF?

I told him that if he wanted to earn some extra money, I have lots of chores and things that he can do around the house to earn the money rather than selling off our property.

Aside from the fact that he wasn't getting a TV in his room regardless if he sold off his bed on ebay and bought one.

Which he wasn't going to because it wasn't his property to sell.

He rolled his eyes at me and walked off in a big ol' huff. :-|

Ken and I just sat there and looked at each other. :confused:

Man. Good thing that child is smart because he's already trying to figure out how to do the least amount of work as possible to achieve his goals. :-|

Good lord. I only hope he uses his brains for good and not evil.

2 comments:

ginny said...

If he has figured out how to list something on ebay, perhaps it's time to put his computer in the living room!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

You mean before he sells our junk?! He read something in a Ripley's Believe it Not book about something stupid that sold on evilbay and I think that is where he got it from. I *hope* anyway. :/