Monday, May 17, 2010

A Visit From the Toothless Fairy

We have had a momentus occasion in our household. It's one that every child looks forward to. We have lost our first tooth. And by "we," I mean "Owen."

Yes. That's right he has lost his first baby tooth. He's not a baby anymore. He has been trying to get that wiggly tooth out for the last two weeks. He tried to suck Aunt Susan and then Uncle Wilson into helping him. It was a no-go.

When that didn't work, he got Sheldon to help. I heard them upstairs trying to get it out. It went something like this:

"Be still, Owen, so I can get it out."

"GO AWAY, MARY MAYKEN! I CAN GET IT OUT WITH YOU HERE!"

"Aunt Kem, they're being MEAN to me!"

"Shane, stop telling us what to do!"

And so it went on but they still couldn't get it out.

So this weekend, while eating his pizza, Owen exclaims that he's lost his tooth. He was really excited to show me the hole in his mouth that he intends to shove a piece of corn through.

Awesome.



Then I ask him where the tooth is.

He says he doesn't know.

Then he says he remembers and goes over to his plate and picks up his tooth and puts it in my hand.

I took a look at it.

Only it wasn't a tooth. It was a crusted up piece of cheese and bread from the pizza. :-|

Only Owen. :rolleyes:

Then I had to listen to Shane lecture Owen about keeping up with his tooth and then petition me (out of Owen's ear shot) as to why he doesn't deserve to get anything from the Toothless Fairy. :?

(Yes. I'm referring to it as the Toothless Fairy. Because I don't have his tooth to leave for the Fairy.)

We still have no idea where his tooth is. I have a suspicion and I don't intend on looking for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - too funny! I am sure your suspicion is correct. Must send him a card on the BIG occasion.

ginny said...

He's really pretty old to be losing his first tooth- but so were you! I don't even want to think about where it is!!!