Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Punch Buggy, No Punch Back

You know the game.

You've been the receiving end of the spying of a punch buggy and no doubt, you've exacted revenge on someone by spotting one of those little cars. Usually with your knuckle out a little further than the rest of your fingers because it hurts more.

Okay. Maybe that's me.

But it's because I'm tired of being punched by my children every time they see a stupid VW Beetle.

And now Shane is even doing it when he sees a PT Cruiser. He yells "PT Cruiser Bruiser" and punches the crap out of me usually because he's sitting in the front seat of the car beside me and I'm the closest person to him.

They have become obsessed with this game. OBSESSED and it's driving me CRAZY.

The worst part is that they (Owen more Shane) is making up his own rules and adding way more punches than he's technically allowed by the rules.

For example, if he sees a convertible punch buggy, he will hit you not once but twice. TWICE. And when we call him out on it, he gets mad (surprise) and argues that it's part of the rules.

Even Ken has gotten into it with him about the rules and when you can and can't punch someone. It usually goes like this:

"No, Owen, you can't punch EVERYONE in the car. Just one punch per punch buggy!"

"YES I CAN SO! IT'S IN THE RULES, DAD/MOM/SHHHHHAAAANNNNNEEEE!"

"NO YOU CAN'T!"

"YES I CAN!"

Me: :-|

And yes, I get that it's ironic because I drive a punch buggy.

Owen punches me when he hasn't seen one in a while and he calls OUR punch buggy. Then he yells that it's a convertible and punches me again. Rinse, Repeat the above argument.

Me: :-|

But, don't worry. I get my licks in too when I see one first. And now I'm trying to find them because I'm tired of being a punching bag. Poor Shane. He's always the bearer of the punch because he's usually sitting beside me.

I never really considered that my car would instigate so many fights among kids. I was in the car rider line the other day at the school and I see two kids fighting.

As they get closer, I hear them fighting about the punch buggy. Apparently one of the kids saw it and punched their brother, who was not too pleased about it and punched his sister back.

Which, as you know, is against the rules. The game *is* called Punch Buggy, NO PUNCH BACK!

4 comments:

ginny said...

like your boys need another reason to punch!! Tell them Nanny doesn't play that game!!!

susan said...

I don't think they will punch Nanny. They're not stupid.

Kim Eckhardt said...

They punch me. And I punch back. They're not that smart. I'm just sayin'. No one is immune. :/

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site lifesfunnymoments.blogspot.com
Is this possible?