Monday, May 24, 2010

Meanwhile, Down at the Farm


The boys, being the quintessential city mice, love to visit their country mouse cousins at their farm. They can't wait to get down there so they can go and collect the chicken's eggs and play with the little baby chicks.



Mary Mayken and her favorite chick.

"I will love him and SQUEEZE him and call him Georgie..."



"She's so cuuuuutttteeee, mommy!"





You can't collect eggs without having a basket. Or you favorite stuffed "hossey."



I'm sure that the chicks loved to play in the sandbox. Oh well. It entertained the kids for about 4 minutes exactly. :p





Owen really didn't believe us when we told him that the rooster was mean. Even when we pointed out how fast the rooster could haul a&* across the yard. The "rooster beater" stick wasn't enough to convince him either. He got lucky that's all I'll say. I'm sure that he'll get taught a lesson before it's all over and done.

I also took some videos of them trying to get the chicken's in the hen house at night. Unfortunately I took them sideways and I can't figure out how to flip them. Just flip your computer monitor. It's easier than figuring it out! :p





The boys had a great time but apparently, they do need some work on their chicken wrangling skills.

5 comments:

ginny said...

That was too funny!!! I really laughed at the boys calling them like they were dogs and would listen!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Owen cracks me up the most. He was trying to catch the chicken using his defensive football skills. It didn't work out too well. lol

Kim Eckhardt said...

Not to mention Wilson's skilz at catching them. bahahahaha

ginny said...

Or your cheering in the background!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Everyone has a job to do. I apparently don't know how to do mine very well, either. :/