Friday, March 18, 2011

Cruisin the Grocery Store in Style

I usually go to the grocery store when the kids are in school because it's easier, cheaper and quicker for me to do so.  And as I zip through the aisles I secretly giggling at the moms struggling to push their kids in the stupid carts that have the cars attached to them.

I never let my kids ride in those car carts. Because I'm mean. And because I just can't push them. Well. I can but it usually ends up with me pushing them into something or someone.

I had to take Owen, Sheldon and Mary Mayken with me to the store the other day.  There was no avoiding it.  And, well, you can see where this is going. I just say couldn't say no to Mary Mayken's "please Aunt Kem" plea to ride in the car.

And then Owen got SO excited and was like "Yeeeessss! (with a fist pump and all) We get to ride in the car cart. " :rolleyes:

And then he proceeded to cram his 8 year old body into the car.


The view from behind.  Just in case you've never been privvy to steering one of these bad boys.  Or trying to as is the case with me.


Laying on the horn in traffic.  Oy vey.  They will both be aggressive drivers if the grocery store driving is any indication of how they will act behind the wheel.  


No trip to the grocery store is complete without cruising through the deli drive through for a slice of cheese.  :p  Owen's already a one handed driver. And someone forgot to tell Mary Mayken to put Annabelle in a car seat.  That's not very safe.  :p


Oh well.  At least they had fun.  :)


And secretly, I am happy that Owen still wants to ride in things like this.  Even if he really doesn't fit.  ;)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Haha. That is funny. How did they get out? They arevso crammed in there! I never ger that cart. You are nice!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Haha. I had to get a crowbar and extract Owen first. Then Mary Mayken. Then Annabelle. :p It did help reduce the number of "surprise" items I found in the cart when I went to check out. lol