Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Okay. I know it's one day after Valentines Day. But, it's the thought that counts, right?! (I already told you that I sux.)

Valentines Day. Sweet Hearts Day. It's all about having a Valentine. Shane, as he has for the last 500 years, was sweethearts with his "girlfriend" Josie. He went to great pains to pick out just the perfect present for his sweetie.


He wanted to get her roses until I told him how much they cost.


He wanted to get her chocolate.













There was a flower on the chocolate box (sweet - he was excited that he saved $). Aw...he's learning the value of a dollar. Well...his dollar anyway. My dollar would have been just fine to spend on real roses. For an 8 year old. But, being the mean mommy that I am, I refused to give him the money. Score one for me.


He wanted to get her a stuffed animal. When you squeeze it, it says "I'm bananas for you." He made her promise that she would wait until she got home to squeeze it.

















Evidentially he did good because Josie's mom called him (not me but him) to tell him congratulations on the selection and that he must stop outdoing Mr. G* because Josie got a better present that she did. LOL.




















Now...it was Owen's first Valentines Day that he cared about having a sweet heart. He hemmed and hawed about who was going to be his Valentine. He finally decided that he was going to ask Katelyn. A fifth grader. I said okay if that's who he wanted to be his sweetie.

He came home from school a few days ago and announced that he had asked her and she said yes. I asked him to tell me about it.

Owen: "Well, mom. I just walked right up to her and said "will you be my Valentine" and she said yes. Her friend was standing there. And, her friend is a safety patrol too, mom. Do you understand that? A safety patrol."

I asked him if he was scared or if he was worried about the other girl making fun of him. He said no and he didn't know why he should be scared. I'm in trouble, aren't I?

Anyway, he really took his time picking out her present. He ended up getting her some marshmellows in the shape of hearts. I picked up the bear for him. Because I couldn't resist.



















He also made her a card.

The front of it. Note that he indicates it's the front by writing "front".




















The back of the card. Note again that he indicates that it's the back by writing "back." You can also see the picture that he drew of him and Katelyn (although she is faint). He told me "see....there's me and Katelyn. She's bigger than me." LOLOLOLOL


















He had a Valentines Day Party at school where the adults were acting more like kids by giving the kids whipped cream shots. It was kind of funny because the kids were chatting for certain parents to do the whipped cream shots. I was peer pressured. It was just a little peak into Owen's future at the fraternity house. But don't worry...I'm onto him. Not that I ever did funnels or keg stands or slammed beer at a fraternity house. I don't know what you're talking about.

Everyone else's classes were calm but ours was just out of control. LOL.














And, here's a picture of him and his sweetie. Isn't she cute? He says that she's just his friend. "Mom. I don't have a girlfriend. She's just my friend. Friend mom. It's just so simple. Don't you get it?" Yes, son. I get it.




















And, lastly, Shane made a card for Mrs. King. Inside it, he put that she was beautiful. Spelled beutfl. :) He had second thoughts about giving it to her because she may take it the wrong way. I was doing book cart and told him that I would give her the card for him. Before he agreed, he made me promise that I would tell her that he thought she was beautiful like a friend - not like a boyfriend/girlfriend. ROTFLMAO. Of course, she said that she was heartbroken but she understood. :)

Ken got me an awesome disk for my camera that uploads pictures automatically from my camera to the computer (wild) and I got him a book of art on the 1980's video games. Thanks for the idea, Josh! It's a great book.

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: