Monday, February 4, 2008

One Little Two Little Three Little Indians

Or, Happy Thanksgiving.

Yeah...yeah. I know. Thanksgiving was 2 1/2 months ago. It doesn't really need repeating but I'll say it again. I suck. (Wait until I post pictures from two years ago that you've never seen but have been bugging me about.)

Anywho. I'll make a long Thanksgiving story short. Or, I'll try to. Mom and dad get here at 9:30 at night. Mom falls on the sidewalk before they even get in the door and breaks her ankle. She passes out. I take a look at her golfball sized ankle and call 911. Every available ambulance comes to her rescue with lights and sirens going full blast. Her first ER trip. Her first ambulance ride. Oh boy. We're off to a good Thanksgiving.

Here's the players and their reactions/responses:

Ken and dad: Just standing there looking at her.

Me: Good grief. Someone help her up. As I push through the kids and Ken and help her up myself.

Owen: Is Nanny going to die? (To her directly as we cart her in the door.)

Shane: Where's our present? (To her directly as we cart her in the door.)

Mary (my neighbor and a nurse): Um...I'm sorry to say this but you're going to have to go to the ER. (The funny part is she knew one of the paramedics and was socializing with her. LOL.)

Every other neighbor: Is everything okay? I saw neighbors that I forgot I had. It's good to be in a smaller town at times like this. But, the ambulances (plural) really didn't have to roar in with their lights and sirens on. People from the other side of the neighborhood were still coming by the next day to find out what was going on.

Susan: Oh man. I'm going to have to cook dinner by myself? Oh, and can you bring your silver, your ladles and your gravy boats with you? How's mom? Tell her to stop complaining. ROTFLMAO. (Susan's a nurse by the way.)

So...off to the ER we go. Until 2:30 in the morning. The doctor thinks that she slightly broke her ankle and gave her crutches, pain meds and sent us on our way.

Okay....I promised a short story. It's not what you got. I'm sorry.

Yeah...before you ask. Did I take any pictures of the ambulance or paramedics? Well, no. I wanted to grab my camera and even said I was but mom said that she'd get me good if I did. I figured she trumped me at that point so I relented. So...this is the only one that I got.




So where's the Thanksgiving story and pictures you were promised? Right here. We spent T'giving at Susan's and I made the hats for the kids. Happy Thanksgiving!



Owen's face cracks me up. It's the best one I got of all four of them. LOL.



Hey...thanks for staying with me on this one. God bless you if you've made it this far.