Wednesday, February 13, 2008

That's Not the Appropriate Way to Handle Things

Reading the title, you'd think that would be something that I'd say to the kids (read..Owen) when he gets angry and turns into Donald Duck. You know. All crazy and flapping his wings out of control. If you haven't seen Donald Duck in a cartoon. You must. Then, you'd know what I was dealing with with Owen. I made the mistake of calling him that and now Shane has picked up on it and is relentlessly teasing his brother. Jabbing at him. Calling him Donald whenever Owen gets mad. Until I told him to stop. Now he just does it when we're out of earshot or when he can mouth it out of our sight. Big brothers. Sheesh.

Anyway, these are my words usually. Except the other day it was Owens. To me when I lost my temper (ie - did an Oscar winning performance of Donald Duck.) Yes. I'm ashamed. I should have better control over my temper. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

And, thank you, Owen. I will try to control my temper. You taught me a good lesson.

No comments: