Sunday, February 3, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Yeah, yeah. I know. It's a month and a half since Christmas. But I've already told you that I suck. It was either lose my sanity or send out Christmas cards. Sanity 1, Christmas cards 0. Here's a few pictures from our trip to Disney at Christmas. I hope that makes up for it. (Yeah!!!! I'm finally sharing our Disney pictures from Christmas. I rock!)

We were chosen to be the Grand Marshals of the Family Fun Parade. Was it because of our dorky matching shirts that I made? Maybe. Maybe it was my winning personality. I'm not sure. But it was fun! We had arranged to meet our friends (who were at Disney too) at the Magic Kingdom as a surprise for Shane. They had just gotten dinner so they didn't want to go. But, their daughter wanted to so we ran to the parade and got in the fire truck to lead the parade. Very kewl!



Here are a few other pictures to enjoy. :)

It was really cold a few days that we were there. I was glad that I had packed gloves, hats and scarves for the kids. Instead of hearing Owen whine about how hot it was, we had to listen to him complain that it was too cold. LOL.



This is the Tower of Terror. Owen and Shane were terrified of it from our trip in June. Owen refused to go onto it in December stating that now he knows where they got the name from. "Terror mom. Get it? Tower of Terror."



I didn't buy the picture but I did snap a photo. This was from June. You can see the boys on the right. Shane and I are on the bottom row (which is not the ride that I would have preferred to have the front seat on!) and Owen and Ken are behind us. :)



Shane does love his ice cream. Especially if it's for breakfast. He wolfed it down in about two minutes flat. I wish he's eat his dinner like that.



One thing that the boys absolutely insisted on doing was the Star Wars Jedi Training at MGM Studios. I'm so glad that they did. The Jedi Master put them up front and together so I was able to get pictures of both of them. Check out Owen's face. He was totally into it. They both got to fight Darth Vader. Shane was first and really went at him. I was surprised. Then it was Owen's turn. The Jedi Master stated that Owen was "25 pounds of prime time padawan". LOL. Then, two of the storm troopers came after Owen and he had to back them off of him too. After a liitle coaching from the Jedi Master, he really put them in their place. LOLOLOLOL.



Shane vs. Darth



Owen vs. the Storm Troopers. Owen - 1 Storm Troopers - 0





I think that Owen was still a little traumatized from Star Wars Weekend in June when he came across this...um...I'm not sure what she was. But she scared the beezus out of him. Shane saw her and took off running down the road and refused to go back up it. Owen got stuck and of course what is a good mom to do? Um...grab my camera and snap some pictures of course!



Shane and Owen really got into pin trading. You buy (imagine that!) pins from just about anywhere in Disney and the employees (Cast Members) have tons of pins on their laynards. They make trades with people. I'm sure that Shane and Owen got bamboozled but they had fun. Here's Owen showing Cinderella and Prince Charming his pins.



Here's Owen's favorite pin from June. His fat Mickey.



And here's a pic of Shane doing the trading just so you can get a true idea of what the heck it is. Cause I know that you just can't go on without knowing exactly what this is all about!!!



Now...Owen was a real trooper. But as we all know, when Owen's done with something, he's done with it. And he doesn't mix words. Shane and Ken wanted to go onto Space Mountain again and I had read about a small movie theater in Town Hall at the front of the Magic Kingdom that shows old movies. Supposeably no one knows about it and it's a great place to take a break. So I figured why not? We go into the building and keep walking towards the back. I'm wondering if I'm wrong but I trust my source that it's good and we turn the corner and it was awesome! A small movie theater and no one was there. It was packed up front but the one or two people that wandered back there turned around and left.



Owen's goofing off with Steam Boat Willie's cut out and having fun pretending that he's driving the ship. I had noticed Mary Poppins go by. Then Jiminy Cricket went by. I hear this voice behind me ask me if I liked the movie and I turned around and it was Jasmine (the princess). She graciously agreed to take a picture with Owen. Then it hit me...this is where the characters change places.





This is possibly my favorite picture of the whole trip. Owen totally went along with the scene set up. He's such a ham.



Because it was cooler, the animals at Animal Kingdom were pretty active and we got some great pictures. Here are two of my favorites.





Shane seemed to always get picked to help or assist the cast members. I guess his talking does come in handy every now and then. ;) Here's at the Moroccan area at Epcot helping the story teller.



There is a woman at the Japanese pavillion in Epcot that makes animal shapes out of candy. There are only 15 people in the world who can do it and she's the only woman. She selected Owen and Shane to make animals for. Owen got a unicorn and I can't remember what Shane got. I'm having a moment of CRS or senioritis.



And, lastly...here's a couple of my favorite pics just because.









No comments: