Monday, April 27, 2009

Damn You Monday!

The good thing about having a six year old is that they can be sent to fetch things for you. And this is a good thing when it's 6:50 in the morning and you're trying to get out the door to catch a train that won't wait for you.

But the bad thing about a six year old fetching your things for you is that they are six. [i]And [/i] this six year old is a boy so he doesn't always follow directions to the letter and there's a 50/50 chance that he won't do what you ask him to do right the first time.

As was the case on this fine Monday morning when Ken sent Owen upstairs to fetch his shoes.

I got a text from Ken this morning that read "Owen brought me one of each shoe. Meh. LOL."

But...he didn't realize it until he was on the train. :p

LOFL. Yeah. That's a good one. Apparently I'm not the only blonde in the family.

But come on and be honest here. You've done that too, haven't you? Well, I'll be honest and say that I have. I wore a black heel and a blue heel to work one day and didn't realize it until I was in a meeting at work. Oops.

I guess that the moral of the story is that you get what you pay for. And you should double check Owen when you ask him to do something.

Damn you Monday!

5 comments:

Uncle Cliff said...

That is just to funny. I don't do that even at 70 HAHAHA

KenDC said...

Not to mention the boy can't see. I think if he had brought me two left or right I would have figured it out. What are the chances of him bringing one of each. :p

Wilson said...

My mom once admitted to me that she went to teach school one morning with two shoes (one brown one black and both left) Same brand of shoe though!

susan said...

I wore two different tennis shoes to the dentist and didn't realize it until I was in the chair. In my defense I had worked a night shift and only slept a couple of hours!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

We ALWAYS have a defense. :p