Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Accomplishing Things...Or Not

If you read my blog, you know that I love comic strips. I love to read a strip and say "yes! I get it!" One strip that I can really relate to is For Better Or Worse, especially since the illustrator has reverted the family back to when the children were young.

I especially relate to the mom, Elly, and this particular strip has it all. Note:

1. She's a list maker and gets a great satisfaction from checking things off of the list. :)

2. She also mentally goes through her list and checks things off of it and smiles as she thinks about the things that she's crossed off of her list. Yeah. Me too. :)

3. But (and there's ALWAYS a but) no matter how many things she checks off the list, 15 other things either jump onto it or she has simply traded one thing on the list for another. :(

Accomplishments are so fleeting but she enjoys them even if it's for one brief moment. After all, you have to take them when you can get them. :)

4. Well, I'll let the state of her house speak for itself. :)



So, are YOU Elly? I'm betting that if you're a mom (no matter what stage you're at), you will read this strip and see yourself. If you don't, particularly with the messy house, can we change families for a few days? ;)

3 comments:

June said...

I was just staring at my kitchen today wishing it would stay clean for at least 5 minutes. Sigh.

Caroline George said...

An 8 week old and, yes, I relate already!! :)

Queen of her Castle said...

Oh man I am so with her. I swear that happens to me all the time.