Monday, May 11, 2009

Photographs of the Day

I'm still going through my pictures from New York City but wanted to share a few of my favorites. As most of you have figured out by now, I love nature shots and shooting things and people in their natural setting. So...I give you the NYC pictures of the day.

I hope that you enjoy them. :)

It's spring time in NYC!



We went to the Natural History Museum and went throug the butterfly exhibit. Butterflies are probably one of the hardest things to capture in a photo. They rarely rest and the movement makes it sometimes difficult to track them.



I rarely like to photograph buildings per se (unless they're old and historic) and am not really into hard architectual pictures but I dig the composition on this one.



And I like the blue sky and clouds that envelope the Empire State Building.



And what is Central Park without a horse drawn carriage?



I loved watching the ice skaters at Rockefeller Plaza. There were some really good skaters and some really bad ones but the thing that caught my eye with these children is the way that the younger skater is so dependent on the older child and the older child was so willing to help the younger skater.

Trust. That's what it's all about. That's what this photo says to me.



This one tells a story too. What do you think it is?



I simply can not resist a blooming flower in Central Park.



I love everything about photographing the city life and really just things in general. I really hope that my kids take up a passion for photographing people, places and things around them. It's the little things in life that matter and you never know what you're going to capture with your eye and a camera.

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

Kim, this set is photos really produced a visceral reaction in me. The skaters are heart-wrenching!