Sunday, May 17, 2009

Re-Learning A Lesson

You would think that by the time someone is 38, they would have it all figured out. Well...not all of it but at least some of it. But I guess it's never to late to be taught a lesson and it's one that I'm going to heed and say thanks for the reminder.

Last week was crazy. Crazy. All kinds of stuff going on at the school with rumors flying faster than a Boeing 727 regarding some of the changes being made next year. And instead of dealing with things the way that I usually do, I allowed myself to be sucked into all of the annoying drama that I usually rise above. I wasn't participating in it per se but allowed myself to be drawn into other people's hysteria.

Undecided what to do about it (mostly because of different "advice" that I was told to do or not to do), I finally went right to the source and got it straight from the horses' mouth so to speak.

Which is exactly what I should have done in the first place instead of spending time worrying about something that wasn't worth the time I spent on it.

So, I learned a big lesson. Or should I say I re-learned a big lesson and that is that I need to handle things the way that I usually do. Stay out of the drama and go right to the source. First.

We're all adults here and I should have acted like it from the beginning.

No comments: