Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday, Shane!

Wow. How in the heck did you get to be 10 already? It seems like just yesterday you were a cute little baby with marshmellow feet (okay...you still have those!) who earned the nickname that you now hate. Stinkerbean for those that don't know.

And if you have to ask why, you weren't around for the endless colicky crying fits, reflux sessions where this sweet child would spew carrots and greenbeans further than I can hit a tennis ball and you probably weren't up with him at all hours of the night...day after day.

Well earned nickname, Shane. :)

But...we loved you then and we love you now.

And since this is my blog, I get to do with it what I want and I think that I'll just go ahead and put up some of those sweet pictures that will embarrass the heck out of you when you get older. lol

Shane a baby...



Dorky Aunt Susan and Shane, 6 months old....



The abominal snowman baby...lol...



Sleepy baby...just the way we liked you...



Because it's my blog...that's why!



Army man crawl...



First steps...



It was so cute when you were a baby...now...not so much...



Frankenbaby...



See the boing-boing catepillar toy on the right? Yeah well...it was your favorite toy...and it was also ranked as the most dangerous toy of the year...oops...we threw it away after we found out, just for the record...



Cox Farm...14 months old...



Ah...the twos were the year of the "Popeye Look"...



And your love of ice cream really kicked in...



And then you met Owen...



Probably the last time you got a haircut!



And just because I love this picture!



The Rooster!!!!



Your eyes never stuck even though I warned you to stop doing it!



Then you met your BFF "Joise" and your life has never been the same. She accepted you Rooster, cross eyes and all!



Poppa turned 60. You turned 6. And we all went to see Willie! Your first concert. :)



Your first self hair cut. Scissors + bored kid on last day of school = new hairdo!



No matter how old you've gotten, you still love your duckies!



Toothless!



Well...we found someone as goofy as you...



We've always celebrated your growth by what band you got a Kings Dominion!



What parent wouldn't be proud of you? :p



But this better be the last time we see you in this position!



So, happy birthday, Shane! I hope that you have a great year ahead and I'm looking forward to seeing you grow and see what you do with your life! Because I know that you can do whatever you set out to do.

Because...we agree...you do rock!



xoxo

6 comments:

June said...

Happy Birthday, Shane!

Becky J said...

This was great! Thanks!

Uncle Cliff said...

Had a good time this weekend. Glad we were able to celebrate Shane's birthday with you all

ginny said...

Can't believe he's 10 already! What a great kid..

Susan said...

Great pictures! I love them all!

Queen of her Castle said...

Very cute. I wish I had thought of doing that for my little guys birthday.