Monday, August 10, 2009

Ouch!

I went to a tennis drill clinic yesterday and we were playing a doubles drill. I ran to get the ball and stopped short at the net to hit a volley. I must have stopped too short because my foot kept sliding in my shoe (stupid thinner socks). I stumped my big toe really hard and it hurt like crazy but I kept playing.

That's why my playing sucked. Yeah. That's it. ;)

After that 1 1/2 class (because of course it happened in the beginning of the class), Ken brought the kids up to the courts and I played for another hour with them. More running since they have tree roots that are firmly planted in the ground and don't seem to want to move if the ball doesn't come right to them.

But...I digress.

My toe kept hurting but I thought I just stumped it really bad. We went to dinner and when I came home, I looked at my toe and the nail seemed weird. Apparently I hadn't stumped my toe at all.

I had jammed it so badly that my shoe had snapped the nail in half and it was hanging by a small portion on my toe. No blood though, which is weird.

Ouch!

So that's why it hurt so badly.

I put a bandaid on it so it wouldn't rip off completely. It feels better today. Even though Owen has stepped on it or bumped it about five times already.

But, of course he "didn't do it!" lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on this Kim. Tell Owen we are thinking about him. How 's he doing. Did he start school yet. Well we had fun looking at all the pics and reading your story. Talk to you soon. Kristin Urmston