Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sunflowers!



I love sunflowers.

Mammoth ones. Small ones. Yellow, brown, red and orange ones.

They make me smile.

So I planted some this spring. And boy did they grow.









Just like every other living thing, sunflowers have a life cycle. As they go through their life cycle, the bees cause the interior of the sunflower to "pop out." Once it's expanded as far as it can, and it's lived its life to the fullest, it dies. Kind of a metaphor to real life, don't you think.



Birth and death all in one pic.



But I had more than just sunflowers. All kinds of flowers.



















And you know what flowers bring...that's right...a whole ecosystem!









We also had a bunny but I could never get his picture. Flowers were great but I think that I'll scale down my ambitions next year. *Maybe* I got a little carried away. lol

3 comments:

ginny said...

You never have done anything half way!!!

June said...

Beautiful flowers and pictures! :)

Caroline George said...

Kim these are beautiful!