Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Helpful Tips From Kim....

Every now and then I'll come across a home remedy that actually works and I'll pass it onto you, my dear two readers. This tip is courtesy of Judy, owner of Ashley's Island House in Put-In-Bay, Ohio.

Ken cut his finger and I, being the awesome wife that I am, went to find the Inn's owner to get some hydrogen peroxide and bandaids. I just love to watch that stuff bubble in a wound. Yes. I'm demented. lol

When she handed it to me, she made the comment that hydrogen peroxide will also get blood out of sheets and other cloth. So after I tortured Ken with the bubbly stuff (as I like to refer to it as), I put it on his shorts.

And it took the blood stain out of his shorts!

The best part was I got to watch it bubble on the shorts. :p

So the next time you get blood on something, first clean the kids' wound (that is, after all, more important than their clothes) and then treat their clothes with the hydrogen peroxide.

And then say a silent thank you to Judy from Ashley's Island House for the great tip!

2 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

According to my friend Chase, you can also use hydrogen peroxide to get wine out of sheets. I didn't ask how he knew that. ;)

Susan said...

It also whitens teeth. It is a great mouthwash! It has lots of uses.