Friday, May 16, 2008

It Was Bound To Happen

Well. We knew that it would happen one day. It was only a matter of time.

Eventually the young Jedi will become the Master if mentored long enough.

We just didn't expect it so soon.

And, by we...I mean me.

Ken is just so competitive. There is no way that he let Shane win.

But, yet...Shane did.

And, he let me know quickly and loudly that he put Ken into check.

Then he called checkmate.



And, those who know Ken know that he did NOT let Shane win. He's far too competitive for that.

After photographing the scene of the crime, which Shane set up the photo shots by the way, Ken said that he made a bad move and knew it as soon as he made it.

But it was too late and he was hoping that Shane wouldn't see it and capitalize on it.

But Shane did.

And he won.



I'm glad that Ken is teaching him to play Chess. He comes by it honestly as his dad taught him when he was Shane's age.



I love that picture.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

ginny said...

Gotta love those glasses! I think you had a pair about that big! Only yours were blue.
I don't imagine Ken was a happy camper about losing!!!

KenDC said...

Actually, I was more proud than mad...no many people I can say that about. It made it all the more special that I won't let my kids win, so when they do it's legit.

Of course, now I ask them. Do you want me to play to win, let you win or medium? I played owen later that night in checkers and let him win....I am not a monster. :)

Oh wait, this is your blog. :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

Hey...get your own blog, dude. ;)