Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Artist

Every year our county puts on an arts festival where the schools can showcase their students' best artwork. I love to go to the artshow and it blows my mind at some of the talent of these kids. Especially the high schoolers. What I wouldn't give to have a fourth of their talent!

This year, Shane had one of his paintings selected to represent his school. I love the contrasting colors and the amount of detail that he put into the piece. It really is quite good. It's definitely going to be framed! It was one of only a few that were selected from the fifth grade.



The festival is also a chance for the music teachers to have their students perform. Shane participates in the Super Singers at his elementary school and I was able to videotape one of their songs for the grandparents who don't live here so they aren't able to see the kids performances in person.



Obviously I am a better photographer than videographer! But Shane is obviously a good artist and we're super proud of him! :)

4 comments:

ginny said...

We're super proud of the amazing young man he's becoming.

Rhonda Sisk said...

I love the art work. Tell him congratulations!

Uncle Cliff:>) said...

Thanks for sharing Kim. Tell Shane he did a good job.

Unknown said...

We saw this on Facebook (see -he is already famous) He is very talented and also a special young man.

I notice he is front, middle - always the center of attention!!!