Friday, March 5, 2010

"Wasn't Me"

Everyone has chores that they hate. Most have at least one chore that they just despise doing.

Okay. I have way more than just one that I despise doing! But for the sake of keeping this post short and to the point, I'll choose one that I really hate.

Laundry.

And it just won't go away.

It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

It's not so much the washing, drying and folding that bother me. Because, let's face it, I'm anal and I like clothes folded in such a way that they won't have more wrinkles on them when I pull them out of the drawer than when they went into the washer to begin with.

What I hate about it is putting them away.

I especially hate having to get the kids to put their clothes away and not just pick off the pile on their dresser until the clothes are depleted....eliminating the need to put them away.

Like I said, I hate putting them away so sometimes (and by "sometimes," I mean "nearly every time") they will sit in the basket for a while until I get around to putting them away. It's not just the kids who employ this stall tactic.

Usually I put them away at the point after I've picked through the basket myself enough that it is depleted enough to make it seem like it's not such a monumental task.

But when "I" do this, I keep the clothes folded nicely and the basket is still orderly.

My children, apparently do not.



But the interesting thing about this is that no one apparently did this.

The closest thing that the kids can figure out is that some kid named "wasn't me" snuck into the house and did this without anyone seeing them. :p

1 comment:

Queen of her Castle said...

Oh you and I are so much alike it isn't funny. I LOATHE laundry and it seems to pile up at lightening speed. Putting it up drives me nuts but if I let the kids do it then they just throw the neatly folded clothes into the drawer making me wonder why bothered to fold it in the first place. UGH. Maybe we need a laundry fairy.