Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kitty Litter Cake

I've got a wacked sense of humor but I *really* think that I outdid myself this time. I attended a tennis social and our team name was the "Alley Cats" and we had to decorate our table according to our theme.

But because I've got absolutely no sense of originality, I did what anybody in my position would do. I let my fingers do the walking, new school style, and hit up Google, looking for anything that had to do with cats and party favors.

As soon as I started looking, I knew that I found the *perfect* dessert to make for this very serious event. I give you....Kitty Litter Cake.

Yep. Kitty Little Cake!



Yes. I know. Such a perfect dessert that was oh-so-right for the occasion, don't you think? I love that one of my friends put the kitty cat hanging off of the box. Classy.

Now I realize that it's all in the presentation and this is very, very realistic looking so here's how I made it just so you know that it really is a dessert.

First, the ingredients.



Next, bake a white cake and a German Chocolate Cake, crumble them up and mix them together. Note that I had to use two bowls because it was too much.



Next make vanilla pudding and mix with the cake crumbles. You just want to mix enough to clump it together (like kitty litter, right?!). You don't want it moist (sorry, Kirsten for using "that" word!).





Then use a food processor to chop up vanilla sandwich cookies.



Put aside about 1/4 cup of them and add green food coloring to it. It makes it more, um, authentic looking. :p



Heat up your poop, I mean tootsie rolls, in the microwave for about 10 seconds (about 6 at a time) and form them to look like...well...poop. Then layer them into the cake.

You'll want to use a small kitty litter pan and liner and scoop as your pan to make it authentic! I wish I didn't have to say this....but please buy a new kitty litter pan and scoop. Please. ;)



Add the cookie crumbles as you're going along (mostly on top) and be sure to put the green ones on top. Your cake should end up looking something like this.



Oh...one more thing. Be sure to hang a tootsie roll off of the side of the litter box. And before you ask, yes, I was giggling the entire time I was making it. :p



Enjoy the cake (it's really good if you can get past the look of it!) and, more importantly, the looks of the people as they find it.

I told you that I'm a little warped.

9 comments:

Uncle Cliff said...

WOW!! You are warped, but I love it. Are you sure your'e not my daughter?????? Where did you find the recipie?? Cakes for warped minds??

ginny said...

I'm glad Cliff made his comment, now we all know which side of the family you get it from!!

Uncle Cliff:>) said...

You got that right Ginny. I want to know if any one actually ate any of it.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Yes. A few warped people ate it. It's really good. The link is on the blog post itself to the recipe. Just in case you want to make it for your next party. tee-hee.

Susan said...

I've seen that cake before. haha. I couldn't eat it though.

ginny said...

Maybe that should be a dessert for the family reunion in August!!! Lots of warped people will be there.

Unknown said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to make that, ever since I first saw it somewhere about 15 years ago! Maybe that will be Owen's fifth birthday cake! :)

June said...

Hahahaha! Girl you are NOT right, but I love it!

Queen of her Castle said...

I know you have the pictures to prove it was edible but honestly I don't think I could eat it.