Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Birthday Cakes! Yes...Cakes!

This woman:







Made these cakes. Yes, THESE cakes:





For these kids:




To



their birthdays.


Shane turned 11.  Sheldon turned 9.


Shane's favorite: red velvet cake!


Two pictures of it since it was so good!  (The other cakes were vanilla and chocolate and they were just as yummy!)


Shane's eyes got big as saucers when he saw the cakes.  He was so impressed.  Seriously.  Because he's use to cakes that look like this:


So sorry, Daddy. It's the thought that counts, right?  ;)


Mary has a soft spot for kids.  And a talent to go with it.  Which I *obviously* do not possess.  (Like that   even needs to be stated!)  Thanks to my aunt Mary for the hard work that I know that she put into making the kids birthdays so special!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cakes were most awesome!!!!

Aunt Mary said...

Thanks Kim for puting my cakes on your blog. I really enjoyed making them for the kids. I know they really liked them.
Love ya's.

Kim Eckhardt said...

They were awesome!!!! Thanks so much for making them. The kids are still talking about them.

Did you like the cake that I made for daddy? tee-hee.