Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Good Old Fashion Race


Remember the good ol' days where kids actually played outside ALL DAY LONG and only coming in because the sun was going down (their mama's cue to come in) or they heard her hollar for them? They played all kinds of games outside - King of the Hill, Freeze Tag, Flash Light Tag, Kick Ball, Dodge Ball ... the list just goes on and on.

At our recent Eckhardt family reunion, my aunt Mary put together a bunch of games for the kids to play. By far the most popular one (well, except for the candy race!) is the Potato Sack Race.

Nothing better than jumping, trying to run or totally falling and busting your a$$ in a potato sack.

All of the kids getting ready to go!



Ready?



Figuring out the best method of jumping in the sack.




Mary Mayken getting her practice on.



Owen getting his practice on. I'm not sure but I think that he's probably practicing so he can fall on purpose. :-|



Ladies and gentlemen, your starting lineup.



Go Shane go!



Oh look. Owen fell. :p



I think that someone lost his potato sack. I'm just saying.



Picture of the race! Elation! I'm not sure if Sheldon even knew if someone beat her. Or cared really judging my her body language. :) I think it was her silly banzs that pushed her ahead.



Happy? :)



Look at the concentration!



Poor little Mary Mayken. She tried so hard! Come on little friend, you can do it!



Even though a picture tells a 1,000 words, sometimes a video tells 2,000. Enjoy!



So next time your kids whine because they are bored, grab some potato sacks (where you'll get them I don't know!) and have a good old fashioned race.

We loved it when we were little. :)



Nothing better than good old fashion fun! :)

5 comments:

Uncle Cliff said...

It was a good day with lots of fun.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Just wait until I post the pictures of the adult race. Funny stuff. tee-hee...:)

KenDC said...

I try to have good old fashion fun with you all the time!!! :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

:-/

Unknown said...

I loved these pictures - old fashion fun is the best - especially loved the picture of you and Susan having the same race.
It is so nice for the cousins to get to do this together.