Friday, August 6, 2010

Why You Should Shuck Your Corn At The Store

Hey...grumpy old man at the grocery store:

This blog is for you.

Remember when we had that "discussion" about shucking your corn at the grocery store instead of waiting until you got home to do it?

You asked me why I was shucking it and then proceeded to tell me that I was wrong and your wife would never allow you to shuck the corn at the courtesy cans?

Well, I hope you don't get corn that looks like this.



Or may I hope that you do. Pffst.

Moral of the story: I was right and you were wrong. Shuck your corn at the grocery store dude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Kim Eckhardt said...

How so?

Anonymous said...

I would be obvious that what you would find inside would not be good by looking at the state of the silk. You do not need to shuck the corn to determine quality. Shucking in the store would only be good if you were planning on leaving the store and immediately placing it in boiling water or on a grill in the parking lot. The shucked corn is going to dry out unless you cook it right away.